1964 MASERATI MISTRAL 3700 TOTALLY RESTORED
The Mistral was the first revolutionary sports car produced by Maserati, in fact its stylistic canons designed by Frua abandon the traditional three-volume lines and set what will be the trend of the following years.
A hatchback with aggressive and bewitching features with innovative stylistic solutions make the Maserati Mistral one of the most beautiful cars produced by the brand.
It will also be the first in a long series of models named with winds to represent their power, speed and unattainability.
From information received from Fabio Collina it was sold to the notary Ulisse Pizzi of Forlì who was also a well-known gentleman driver.
Unfortunately, in 1964, it was not possible to find the number of the first registration plate in the archives of the motor vehicle authority of Forlì.
historical and collecting significance was issued.
The restoration work can be summarized as follows:
- Wet paint stripping of the body at WWT
- Full tinsmith of the car by a former Cognolato bodywork craftsman, one Giuliano Gionco.
- Painting of the car at Carrozzeria Grigoletto and reassembly of the whole vehicle at Carrozzeria Roggia di Treviso
- Galvanic chrome plating by Spino D’Adda
- Complete new interiors carried out at Cassina upholstery in Bergamo and finishes at La Perfetta in Padua
- Engine totally rebuilt in a workshop in Monselice with replacement of bushings, bands, chain, valves (Campana spare parts invoice available)
- New exhaust system built to sample by Imasaf
- Chassis and mechanical reassembly at the Bortolami workshop in Padua
- Overhaul of Tralli workshop change in Modena
- New overhaul of the Lucas injection system at Power Props in the Netherlands, center specialized in Lucas injections, the system is from 1964 and therefore correct for the vehicle.
- Complete set of new gaskets purchased from Cicognani (see attachment)
- Electrical system totally rebuilt and installed by Luigi Collesei electrician from Padua
- List of spare parts purchased from a well-known specialized supplier available
- Restoration of spoke rims at Borrani in Milan
- New tires purchased from Rossi in Bologna.
In 2014, before the restoration, it obtained from the parent company the certificate of origin and the certificate of the technical characteristics certifying the production data and the correspondence of both the chassis and engine numbers and the combination of body and interior colors (Montebello gray code max Meyer 16.003 and black Connolly leather code PSC1560).
In September 2019, the ASI certificate of historical and collecting significance was issued.