1959 MERCEDES BENZ 220 SE COUPE W128 PONTON
85,539 GENUINE MILES, FULL OWNERSHIPS /SERVICE HISTORY, MOST OF ITS LIFE IN CALIFORNIA, MATCHING NUMBERS.
Model built in only 830 specimens from 1958 to 1959.
Complete with all original use and maintenance booklets, including the delivery card to the first owner.
Matching engine and chassis numbers.
Genuine mileage documented by all the invoices of the works carried out in sixty years from 1960 to today.
- Sold by Coventry Motors in Beverly Hill, California and delivered on March 12, 1960 to Ms. Dorothy Mc Nary of Vancouver Washington State. PLATE NZB044.
- Later passed to Mr. Wilson Mc Nary, of Vancouver Washington (probably the son of Dorothy) who continued to have meticulous maintenance carried out in over 30 years of possession with scrupulous care in keeping all the invoices of the work performed by dealers Mercedes from 1961 until 1989.
In the early 1970s, Mr. Mc Nary moved from Vancouver to California where he would continue to rely on Mercedes dealers in Hollywood and Palm Springs.
- In the mid-90s the property passed to Mr. Helmut Weislein of Sheperdsville in Kentucky and the car was registered with the PLATE TVY747.
- In 2000 the property passed to Mr. John Crum of Prospect, Kentucky, who in the years 2001 and 2002 carried out an important conservative restoration of the car including: total repainting, remaking of the front seats, remaking of the electrical system, remaking of the braking system and many other details all documented by the invoices of well-known Mercedes specialists. PLATE KY-X600.
- In 2004 during the first wave of exports of cars from the USA to Europe the car arrived in France and after some refinement works in 2006 it was registered to the collector Patrice Pin of Chambery, who being mainly fond of English cars after only three years resells it.
- In 2009 it passes to the current Italian owner, a well-known Mercedes collector who has entered the car in the MB Register and has continued to carry out scrupulous maintenance to date.
- 1961-1974 Mercedes dealership Don Rasmussen, Portland, Oregon.
From 546 to 33,140 miles.
- 1971 and 1972 two invoices from the Mercedes dealership in Palm Springs at 23,852 and 25,926 miles respectively.
1975 Mercedes Hollywood dealership invoices from 35,968 to 37,319 miles.
- 1976-1982 Mercedes Auto Haus dealership in Indio, Palm Springs up to 43,457 miles
- 1984 Mercedes Motor Cars dealership in palm Springs. 46340 miles.
- 1989 Mercedes Julius Paldi dealer in Newport Beach, California. 47,777 miles.
- 1989 Walter’s German Car of Costa Mesa California. 47,896 miles.
- 1995 MIDAS SERVICE
- 2001-2002 various invoices of specialists for conservative restoration. 50,709 miles
- 2007 Aix Le bains Mercedes Garage Du Lac specialist 76,770 miles.
- 2009 MOT test at 77,968 miles.
INTERNATIONAL CLUB SUBSCRIPTION:
- AAA AUTOMOBILE CLUB SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
- AUTOMOBILE CLUB DU RHONE –FRANCE
- REGISTRO MERCEDES BENZ –ITALIA