1948 ALLARD K1
Purchased by the last owner in England in 2004 in excellent condition, it was again subjected to a conservative restoration and in 2006 it was approved with FIVA fiche.
The car is equipped with two engines, the original matching numbers in excellent condition is currently kept in a military crate that contained the engine, also Ford, currently installed.
The power does not differ but this second engine called “24 STUDS” by the number of head bolts is what lends itself to being tuned for racing.
It fits short ratios, ideal for Rally where K1s were winning since the early 1950s (including Monte Carlo Rally) or for hillclimbs or for Trial races, a specialty much loved by the British.
About 130 ALLARD K1s have been built and only few are reported to have survived in the world.
The last owner took part in numerous events with this splendid and rare car: “2000 kilometer Deutschland”, “Castel Arquato-Vernasca”, “Bologna-Raticosa”, “Coppa dei due mari”.