High performance upgrades to the car include:
- Triple DCOE 45 Weber carbs with Deronica inlet manifold.
- Upgraded competition shocks and front disc brakes.
- Oversized front anti-roll bar.
- Heavy duty clutch.
- Oil cooler.
- Brake servo booster.
- Upgraded steering components including LeCarra steering wheel.
- New motor mounts.
- Remapped distributor to optimise performance
- New wiring harness.
- Headlights, side, tail and brake lamp assemblies.
- Front and rear bumpers and front splash panel.
The Webers were re-jetted and balanced to make the car a bit more civilized and custom air cleaners were fabricated and installed. The competition steering wheel was retained and a soft top assembly was acquired, restored and fitted. A tourneau cover and side curtain assemblies were acquired and restored.
The wheels, which are 72 spoke wires, were rebuilt and powdered coated in the proper silver/gray colour. The rear wheels are inner laced . This provides a 3in wider track at the rear of the car.
In 2002, the body was dismantled and taken down to bare metal. In keeping with its performance capabilities, the bonnet was louvered and fender flares were fabricated. At the rear, these better enclosed the extended wire wheels. The subtle flares at the front were to compliment the effect. The interior received a new dash cap. A bullet style mirror was added to the driver’s side. The chosen colors were the classic red over white coves. Several years later it was decided to turn the handsome brute into a BMC rally tribute car – but with some drivability upgrades.
This is a summary of the additional modifications made over the past 9 years:
- Front and rear bumpers removed. Rally style over-riders and brackets installed at rear.
- Driving light brackets and Lucas lamps installed.
- Rally style vents added to front wings.
- Standard grill removed and Works-style stainless steel mesh grill and
- venting installed.
- Proper period seats (black with red piping vinyl coverings) and sliders were installed.
- An original authentic two-seater hardtop was acquired, restored and fitted. Roof vent installed.
- Racing fuel cell replaced with a new conventional fuel tank and sending unit (fuel gauge rebuilt).
- Electrics converted to negative ground and alternator installed.
- New distributor added and MSD ignition discreetly installed.
- New exhaust muffler fitted.
- New knock-offs added.
- Cast aluminum valve cover added.
- Overdrive switch moved to competition gearshift knob.
- Fire extinguisher installed near the passenger footwell.
- Interior (firewall, floor, transmission tunnel, bonnet, door panels, etc.) completely lined in heat and sound insulation.
- Spare tire and associated fittings installed in proper BN7 fashion.
- Period-style competition lap belts installed.
- Passenger compartment fully refurbished with new carpets and panels.
- The battery relocated to the boot area and a battery cut off switch installed in the cockpit behind the passenger seat.
- Boot refinished with new custom liner kit.
- New Heater unit
- SatNav plug
This car is a very good example of a triple weber BN7 on a fast road Rawles Motorsport Ltd engine.
CONDIZIONI DI VENDITA
Poiché potrebbe verificarsi un ritardo nell’aggiornamento degli annunci il prezzo pubblicato è da considerarsi indicativo.
C.L. si riserva la facoltà di modificare i prezzi di listino in funzione delle migliorie apportate ai veicoli o alle variazioni di mercato. Si invita a fare riferimento al listino ufficiale disponibile in sede.
I dati e le informazioni del veicolo in vendita potrebbero contenere errori o imprecisioni.
Pertanto la descrizione è puramente indicativa e non ha valore contrattuale.
C.L. non risponde per la eventuale mancanza o difformità delle componenti rispetto alle caratteristiche originali di produzione dei veicoli ed è quindi fatto onere all’acquirente di mettere in atto tutte le verifiche necessarie prima di procedere all’acquisto .